Thursday, July 16, 2009

Scruffy is closer to getting his ultrasound. Thank you so much!

This morning Scruffy is much closer to the goal of $350 that will allow him top have the ultrasound that will begin his treatment.
I am frankly overwhelmed by the generosity of friends and perfect strangers that pledged what is surely hard earned money to save an animal few of them know and that is to them , just a cat like many million others. (not to us though)

One pledge in particular left me stunned (and a little bit embarrassed) as it represents more than %50 of the total we are raising in this round and it was pledged by someone that we don't know.
I have already called the vet to set the appointment, as it will take 3 or 4 days for the ultrasound to be scheduled. I should probably have set the appointment yesterday, but I never would have thought we'd be so close so soon.

As I opened the page this morning, I could not even make sense of the pledges. I got so emotional that I could not see the screen very well. When I finally composed myself, I realized that some of my dearest friends had pledged a lot more than I would have liked them to and a that a person I did not know pledged $200!
My first impulse was to email this person and ask them to reduce his/her pledge. My hope has always been to reach the goal with small amounts of money from many people. I don't want our present financial situation and Scruffy's needs to be a burden to any one person and we know that unfortunately this fund raiser is only the beginning. We'll need to raise much more than this in the future if Scruffy is to have a chance.
But I will at least ask this person to let me know of any other causes I can contribute to in his/her name in the future.
As far as Scruffy is concerned, he seems to be doing well. Last night and this morning he seemed more affectionate then usual and he is not leaving our bedroom except to eat and to use the litter box.
In the days building to his vet visits he had taken to sit in the kitchen on a perch and did not come to us at night, which was unusual. Since we came back from the vet he has come back to sleeping to us. It really makes you wonder if he can sense how upset we all are...
Thank you again for reading this and for supporting our dear Scruffy.



No comments:

Post a Comment